Friday, January 18, 2008

DAY 18

This week's lab entailed density and extract measurements. First we used a Pycnometer (quite a process), then a Biegeschwinger, and finally the trusty Hydrometer. Turns out I have been reading hydrometers incorrectly for the last 7 years.

A group of us met up at another brewpub tonight. This time it was the very small, Eschenbrau. The brewmaster was on hand and gave us an in-depth tour of the tiny brewery. I have tons of pictures that I'd like to share, but you're going to have to settle for just a few as I'm still having difficulty with photo uploads. Notice the the beer stein lock boxes with pad locks on the wall. The draft lines are run in one of the biggest diameter copper pipes ($$$$) that I've ever seen. A very cool, tiny brewpub with great beer and personality.

No comments: