Thursday, February 7, 2008

Timing is something

There's never a good time to leave the country for over 5 months. Doing so has a dramatic impact on life, career, relationships, finances, etc, etc, etc. But there was never going to be a better time, and that's why I'm here now. I knew that if I didn't do this right now, I never would. And that would mean regretting it and resenting myself for the rest of my life. I know that nearly every aspect of my life will adapt and grow to meet the challenges that come with this experience, that I'll be better off for it in the end, and that I will never regret my decision to be here now.

But even with all of the adapting and support from loved ones, there is still one thing that is almost impossible to swallow. I regret that my sidekick of 15 years won't be there to greet me when I get back, I regret that he didn't die in my arms, but I take comfort in the fact that he was in the care of one of the kindest and most selfless humans on earth. This is a very difficult time for me, but you can't time everything and you can't wait around for the perfect time that may never come. RIP Yogi. You're already missed!

Yogi 5/1993 - 2/8/2008

No comments: