Friday, March 28, 2008

I hate computers

It's been a long week. We had a big research paper due today, and I've been fighting with my computer. Many Microsoft Office crashes later, it's finally done. Until about 2 or 3 days ago, I thought that our assignment, which was to discuss the results of the malt analysis on the winter barley that we malted in the VLB pilot plant as well as other research on winter malting barley, was kind of stupid. My complaint was that we didn't have a control sample of spring barley to malt as a comparison, but after having finished the report I see the value in what we did. Writing the paper really helped to bring several of my courses together (they said it would all come together in the end and I'm starting to think they were right), and I feel a lot more fluent in barley/malt analyzes and the issues surrounding the use of winter barley and the global supply of malting barley.

I've got some good material (Felipe's birthday party at McDonald's, witnessing a drug deal) queued up, but I'll have to get to that later this weekend, once I've caught up on some sleep.

No comments: